At the beginning of the year, I complied a list of 18 things that I would like to do/try/achieve in 2018. The idea came from the one and only podcast that I regularly listen to called “Happier”. Today, I listened to a recent episode of Happier about the progress being made on 18 for 2018 Lists! Here is mine:
18 for 2018
- Make Pierogi
Declutter somethingI have done this regularly, it is ongoing! See my lovely, rainbow colour-themed bookshelf!
Travel to a new placeI went to Karratha, a mining town in my state for work Teach Remy more tricks/ games- keep riding the bike together!I have been riding my bike so much that one of my tyre tubes has burst! Encourage Remy to like swimming/the beachWe had been going regularly until it suddenly turned cold.
- Do a Yoga class
Read more (join an online book club?)I have certainly read more, but am yet to join a book club! Save a little more $$ every payThis I have done, with the help of the $1000 Project by Canna Campbell
- Make gnocchi from scratch (slowly, and enjoy it! Probably with wine.
Write one VOLARE blog post per monthWell and truly done! See my page for updates galore!
Put more effort into making my Instagram/Blog more symbioticOngoing- it’s a work in progress.
Do 5x Chin ups unassisted (no bands!)I can do 5 with the band that has the least resistance so far.
Small acts of self care (uber eats, facials, sleeping in, skipping an exercise class, eating more vegetables)I HAVE BEEN THE QUEEN OF SELF CARE! Ask James- he thinks my themed face masks (such as deer and unicorns) are hideous.
- Use my multitude of beautiful, foreign cook books.
- Host a cocktail party in our apartment.
T ake more meaningful photosI have been using the Flic app to delete ones I don’t need! I’ve also tried to take photos of the things on this list that I have checked off to show you all!
- Make salted caramel macarons.
Download more podcasts, more regularly!Yes! I now listen to Side Hustle School, Work Life, The Goop Podcast and By the Book. Conveniently, most of these are part of the “Onwards Project” founded by Gretchen Rubin.
So far, so good! 12/18 and it’s not even half way through the year yet. I’m optimistic about completing the rest 🙂 I hope this inspires you to make your own list of little achievable To Do’s that will make you feel happier, more accomplished and generally more positive!
Happy List Making!
* I think it is important to stress that I have branched out with my cooking A LOT and even though I haven’t used my cook books, or made Pierogi or macarons, I have cooked up a storm including soups, frittatas, roasts on the Weber and many more. If you follow me on Instagram @taylorkatselas then you will see what I mean! I used my ThankQ (recognition points at work) to order a Bread Maker that I have only had for two days, and so far have made a Wholewheat Loaf and Banana Bread!