Today I complied a list of 18 things that I would like to do/try/achieve in 2018.The idea came from the one and only podcast that I regularly listen to called “Happier”.
I have found that for me, personally, New Years Resolutions don’t actually help me resolve very much at all. Instead, I am left with a big list of burdens that become hassles rather than happiness hacks. I don’t want to reach the end of the year and feel as though I have let myself down. Last year, I didn’t make any resolutions; I just vowed that I wanted some positive changes to happen in my life- and they did! So here is my list of 18 for 2018- things that I’d like to do!
18 for 2018
- Make Pierogi
- Declutter something
- Travel to a new place
- Teach Remy more tricks/ games- keep riding the bike together!
- Encourage Remy to like swimming/the beach
- Do a Yoga class
- Read more (join an online book club?)
- Save a little more $$ every pay
- Make gnocchi from scratch (slowly, and enjoy it! Probably with wine)
- Write one personal blog post per month
- Put more effort into making my Instagram/Blog more symbiotic
- Do 5x Chin ups unassisted (no bands!)
- Small acts of self care (uber eats, facials, sleeping in, skipping an exercise class, eating more vegetables)
- Use my multitude of beautiful, foreign cook books
- Host a cocktail party in our apartment
- Take more meaningful photos
- Make salted caramel macarons
- Download more podcasts, more regularly!
This has been my 18 for 2018. I hope this inspires you to make your own list of little achievable To Do’s that will make you feel happier, more accomplished and generally more positive!
Happy New Year,